Boris V. Vasiliev was born in 1937 in Ekaterinburg ( Russia ).
His father - Vasilyi Volkov, scientist - geophysics - was killed during the Stalinist purges of 1937.
His mother - Nina A. Vasilieva raised her three children and gave them the higher education by herself after the death of her husband .
Boris Vasiliev graduated from the Physical-Techical Department of the Ural Polytechnic Institute and was postgraduate of Kurchatov Institute
( supervisor - Academician Isaak K. Kikoine ). PhD ( 1968 ), Dr. Sci. Sciences ( 1984 ).
Author of over 100 scientific papers and several books.
He started to work as a research engineer and came to the Director of the Research Institute in Dubna for more 35 years.
His main achievements
* The description of the super-phenomena - superconductivity and superfluidity - as a consequence of ordering zero-point oscillations.
* The theory of hot stars, built taking into account the gravity-induced electric polarization intrastellar plasma.
* The theory of Earth's magnetic field.
* The electromagnetic model of neutron and quantum mechanical nature of nuclear forces.
* Electromagnetic nature of neutrinos.
* Discovery and study of thermo-magnetic effect in metals.
* The theory rf-SQUID.
* The experimental determination of the upper limit of the existence of an electric dipole moment of the electron,
in violation of CP and T invariance (the measurement results entered in the directory on the properties of elementary particles).